Travel Insurance and Assistance in Thailand is about the current status and likely future development of the market for stand-alone travel insurance policies in Thailand. It includes the following unique features:
- data spanning 2011 to 2015 for the underlying travel market with a segmentation by type of journey (between holiday and business trips) and with related commentary concerning the popularity of different overseas destinations;
- data for the size of the market for stand-alone travel insurance and assistance in Thailand between 2011 and 2015 in terms of premiums and policies, with a segmentation between single-trip and annual cover;
- analyses of the share of distribution relationships of travel insurance providers split between travel trade, transportation and financial organisations, based on a primary survey of over 150 actual and potential distributors of stand-alone travel policies including airlines, banks, insurance brands and specialised lenders, plus both traditional and online travel trade entities;
- a review of other direct and affinity distribution channels used in Thailand including automotive clubs, direct sales, online aggregators, other online brands and retailers, plus cover packaged with payment cards and bank accounts;
- estimates for the market share of travel insurance and assistance gross premiums for the top ten underwriters of this type of cover in Thailand in 2015 with these data points expressed as a percentage range (e.g. 5.0% to 7.5%);
- forecasts to 2019 for both the underlying travel market and for the size of the market for stand-alone travel insurance and assistance in terms of premiums and policies, with the same segmentation as that specified above for the period from 2011 to 2015.
The report is accompanied by an Excel PartnerBASE™ dataset that details the travel insurance partnerships of each of the travel trade, transportation and financial organisations covered, plus a convenient market data annexe, also in Excel format. This annexe can be used as a convenient source of data already in Excel format which means that there is no need for users to re-enter data from the PDF report into their own Excel worksheets.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and series prospectus or e-mail email@example.com.
To begin downloading this document you will need to either sign in or create an account below.
Stay informed with Finaccord insights
Sign up to receive offers, news and information via email
All personal information is collected and used in accordance with our privacy statement.
Finaccord is a market research, publishing and consulting company specialising in insurance and other financial services. Finaccord is part of Aon Global Operations, Singapore Branch.