Global Business and Corporate Travel Insurance and Assistance: A Worldwide Review
is a report about the worldwide market for travel insurance and assistance acquired by all types of enterprise, ranging from self-employed individuals to multinationals, to cover business-related travel. Detailed data and insights are provided for 12 major countries – namely, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, the UK and the US – while the global market is also segmented by region across Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, Australasia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North America.
In addition to these country-specific and regional segmentations, for which figures describing gross written premiums and number of travel policies sold are provided for a time period spanning 2012 to 2016 with a forecast to 2020, the fundamental split of the market between individual (business) and group (corporate) cover is also specified for each country and region (for 2016 alone). At the global level, while group policies are estimated to have accounted for only 1.8% of total business and corporate travel insurance and assistance policies in 2016, they accounted for around 43.8% of the value of the worldwide market as measured by premiums.
Other features of the study include market share estimates in 2016 (expressed as a percentage range) for leading underwriters of business and corporate cover in each of the 12 major countries in scope plus an analysis of travel cover bundled automatically with business and corporate credit cards in the same countries. This report and the market data file that accompanies it can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to compare the size of stand-alone business and corporate travel insurance and assistance markets worldwide, their growth rates (since 2012) and their future prospects (to 2020);
- to appreciate the fundamental split of this market between individual (business) and group (corporate) cover and how this segmentation varies both by region and across the 12 major countries for which detailed analysis is provided;
- through the analysis of underwriter market shares in each country, to understand the supply structure for business and corporate travel cover, the level of market concentration and the relative importance of national versus international companies;
- to understand the extent to which business and corporate credit cards incorporate different types of travel cover (e.g. travel accident, travel assistance, comprehensive travel cover) as a free benefit;
- to use the unique statistics contained in the market data file to develop internal analyses and presentations on this subject.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and series prospectus by clicking on the corresponding links above, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org